I Care is a gold medal winner in the 23rd annual National Mature Media Awards Program. This award winning book will both inspire and educate care partners of people with Alzheimer's disease and related dementias to make the most of each day! Care partners will see their loved one as a whole person with strengths and abilities, which will promote greater independence and self-sufficiency for the person with dementia.
I Care covers:
- Minimizing the care partner's fears, frustrations, and stress
- Managing changes in communication, memory loss and behavior using best care techniques
- Making the home safe and supportive
- Understanding changes in brain function
- Addressing financial and legal issues
- And much more....
"I Care is a comprehensive book that offers a greater understanding of how to manage the difficulties of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias. I only wish this book was available when I was caring for my mother, Rita Hayworth, who suffered from Alzheimer’s disease."
- Princess Yasmin Aga Khan, President, Alzheimer Disease International