Serving Residents With Dementia:
Transformative Care Strategies for Assisted Living Providers
by Kerry C. Mills, MPA of Engaging Alzheimer’s LLC
Kerry’s most recent book, a comprehensive manual for assisted livings that care for people with dementia, is now available for purchase.
Published by HCPro, Serving Residents With Dementia sells for $95 on Amazon, but you can purchase it through Engaging Alzheimer’s LLC at a 20% discount. Order your copy now and save $19.
Serving Residents With Dementia: Transformative Care Strategies for Assisted Living Providers is a dynamic and comprehensive manual that addresses critical considerations. Written in an engaging conversational style and infused with numerous anecdotes from the author’s own international experience as a dementia care partner and pioneer, this book empowers key decision-makers across the assisted living sector with guidance, processes, and tools they need to develop a dementia care program that’s robust enough to accommodate the diverse and evolving needs of residents in all stages of disease progression.
Table of Contents:
- The Brain: How it works, and What Symptoms Occur When It Becomes Impaired
- Dementia: Where It Comes From and How We Treat It
- Setting the Stones: Creating a Strong Foundation for a Successful Dementia Care Program
- Fostering Success From the First Phone Call to the Last Day of Residence
- Leading Your Entire Care Team
- Recruiting, Retaining, and Enjoying Your Direct Care Team
- The Central Role of Family in the Care Team
- Designing Your Environment
- Seeing Is Believing: Earning Staff Buy-In on Culture Change Initiatives
- Implementing Effective Policies and Procedures
- Delivering Quality Dementia care in the Traditional Assisted Living Setting